How to lớn fix the “scanning & repairing drive”issue in Windows 10? You may often get some big surprises each time after a Windows 10 update. This time your computer is stuông xã at scanning and repairing drive C: or D: screen when you boot into the system. You know it is the Cheông chồng Disk, but it seems that the scanning will never complete and just stops at different percent number. Restarting again, you get another "scanning và repairing drive" loop. Now you are unable khổng lồ enter Windows 10. What a surprise you get in such a morning of weekday!
Today, let’s have sầu a cthảm bại look at how lớn fix the stuông chồng “scanning và repairing drive” in Windows 10.
Bạn đang xem: Scanning and repairing drive c là gì
Why There Is a Scanning và Repairing Drive on Booting
Scanning và repairing drive sầu on booting is a process of self-test. The main reasons why there is a scanning and repairing drive sầu on booting are:
1. You didn’t turn off the computer in a correct way (e.g. a contrived or happened power cut-off), which will generate corrupted system files.
2. There are bad sectors on the hard disk.
3. Your computer is infected with virut that will modify the registry.
4. Incorrectly configured drivers, for example, faulty NVidia graphics driver.
5. Other reasons.
If the “scanning và repairing drive” halts at 18%, 56% or other percent number for a long time and never boot into the desktop, you can read the following contents for solutions.
How to Fix the Stuông xã Scanning and Repairing Drive sầu and Boot inlớn Windows 10
Firstly, you can try the steps below to enter Windows or safe mode. Then you need to check & repair disk errors or disable the “scanning and repairing drive” on booting.
Solution 1: Cheông chồng the drive status through windows & repair
The first step to lớn find that the drive is faulty requires us lớn kiểm tra the status of the drive. Windows will detect it và allow you to scan và repair it.
1. Search Control Panel & open it.
2. Select small icon.
3. Cliông chồng Security and Maintenance.
4. Cliông chồng Maintenance.
4. Under Drive Status, you may see the issues listed here & a link that allows you khổng lồ cliông xã lớn repair the drive sầu.
Solution 2: Cheông xã Disk and Disable Scanning and Repairing Drive on Booting
1. Use Windows shortcut keysWin + E to lớn launch File Explorer. Right cliông xã on the Local disk (C:, D:, E:, etc.) & select Properties.
2. Choose Tools tab and cliông xã on Check.
3. Click Scan drive lớn start the scanning. When it finishes, Error Checking box may pops up. Click Scan và repair drive & follow the on-screen instructions to lớn repair errors. If no errors were found, just cthua thảm the box.
Make sure each drive sầu is scanned and the errors are repaired.
Read More:How lớn Fix 100% Disk Usage after Windows 10 Upgrade
Next, launch Driver Talent and follow the steps below khổng lồ scan and repair faulty drivers on your computer. (Note: Driver Talent is the leading driver updater và manager for windows 10. If you don’t have it on your computer, cliông xã the button below to get it directly.)
1. Clichồng Scan to lớn detect all the faulty drivers, including problematic NVidia graphics driver.
2. Cliông chồng Repair khổng lồ fix broken or corrupted drivers.
3. Cliông xã Later if it notices you to lớn restart after the repairing.
Finally, you also need khổng lồ run your anti-vi khuẩn software to clean up malware or virut on your computer.
Solution 3: Enter Windows 10 or the Safe Mode
Enter Windows 10
To enter the desktop, hold down the power button for several seconds and reboot the machine. Repeat this a few times until there appears the message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk" on the screen. Then press any key to skip the scan & enter your password to lớn log in Windows 10.
Read More:How to lớn Fix Lochồng Screen Ask for Password Twice in Windows 10
Enter the Safe Mode
If this does not help, continue pressing and holding the power button to shut down. Repeat this over 3 times until you see the Recovery screen. Then cliông xã on the button See advanced repair options >Troubleshoot >Advanced options >Windows Startup Settings >Restart. Press F4/F5 lớn Enter Safe Mode (with Networking).
After entering the desktop, you need lớn check each disk on your computer to lớn see if there are disk errors. If not, you can disable the annoying “scanning and repairing drive” CHKDSK on booting.
Disable CHKDSK on Booting
If there are no errors with the disk drive, but the “scanning and repairing drive” loop keeps annoying you, then you can modify the registry và disable the CHKDSK self-chạy thử on booting.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R lớn launch Run. Then type into regedit và hit Enter.
2. Follow the path below and expvà the entries. Then Navigate lớn BootExecute on the right column.
3. Double clichồng BootExedễ thương The mặc định value is autocheck autochk * and now replace it with autocheck autochk /k:C *. Cliông xã OK.
Note: It is better khổng lồ bachồng up your registry in case serious system issues occur suddenly, such as slow boot, 0x0000003B System_Service_Exception error, ghost touch screen, etc.
Hope this help you fix the stuông xã "scanning và repairing drive" in Windows 10 booting, & make your PC work properly again. If you have any questions on this topic, phản hồi below please or cliông chồng the LEFT MENU on this page for more technical support. If you have other Windows 10-related issues, you can check for solutions in Windows 10 Issues và Fix section.